(Discontinued) Globalstar GSP1720 Modem
Real time duplex IP data services that support Packet Data across the internet or private networks
The GSP 1720 Satellite Data and Voice Module (SDVM) provides full, two way data and voice capability, allowing for the development of new and creative applications from basic AT Modems to fully featured fixed telephone services from remote locations.
The GSP 1720 can provide Direct Connect Internet, Dial up Internet or Remote Terminated Data sessions and asynchronous computer to computer connectivity for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) applications. These options provide communication lines with land and marine-based equipment, while complementing mobile and stationary field solutions. Whether mobile or stationary, the GSP 1720 helps you monitor, control or track assets remotely through the Globalstar satellite network – affordably, reliably and with low-power requirements.
- Direct Connect Internet or Direct Dial-up Circuit Switched Data
- 9.6 kbps full duplex service (available up to 38 kbps with compression)
- Utilises standard and enhanced “Hayes Modem” AT commands
- Dial up networking, Asynchronous data communications, Static IP availability
- Short Messaging Service (SMS): 35 character incoming
- Remote Terminated Data capability
- The GSP 1720 can be integrated into a cellular or GSM data solution
- Low power consumption
- Compatible with Windows 98/2000/XP/NT/ME/Vista/7
Please note: use of Satellite Telecommunications services and devices may be prohibited or restricted in some countries.