Protecting Your Account – Additional Authentication
We’re introducing some new ways to protect your Pivotel account.
To ensure that your Pivotel account is more secure than ever before, we’re introducing additional authentication, so you can continue to enjoy the same peace of mind you can always expect from us when it comes to the safety of your personal information.
Sometimes you might need to get in touch with us about the topics below:
- Your personal information
- A potential change of ownership or SIM swap,
- Your account while you’re overseas, or
- New product or service purchases
When you contact us or we contact you about those topics, we’ll be taking extra steps to confirm you’re you.
First, we’ll ask you for two of the details below linked to your account:
- Password, or secret question
- First name and last name
- Date of birth
- Pivotel Account number
- Address and postcode
- Contact phone number
- Contact email address
For some types of enquiries, we may send a one-time code to the mobile number or email address we have saved on your account. Alternatively, we may confirm that you are calling from or have access to the number we have saved on your account. Once we’ve confirmed that, we’re ready to assist.
What to do if you suspect fraud
If you suspect fraudulent activity on your Pivotel account you should:
- Contact Pivotel on 0508 882 448 immediately. We will be able to check any recent activity on your account, and assist you to understand if fraud may have taken place.
- Once you’ve confirmed fraudulent activity has taken place, you should report the incident to the relevant authorities or Police service.
- Contact your bank and any other providers who use your phone number for authentication to notify them that you suspect fraud.